A lot of people are not aware of all of the benefits of using steam. I get questions all the time from my friends and family asking if I really believe that just using water is going to clean my home. My answer is always: “yes, it most certainly is and I love my steamer!” Then I proceed to rattle off the reasons why. Well, if you are reading this blog post, you too might not be sold on why steam cleaning is one of the best cleans you can achieve. Lucky for you, I am going list my reasons why:
* Steam cleaners use only water straight from your tap. This means you no longer have to purchase harmful chemicals or worry about your children or pets being exposed to them. If you live in hard water areas, the worst damage you do is using distilled water.
* Steam is produced at 174°C, the heat needed to kill 99.9% of germs and bacteria such as E. Coli, salmonella and staph. Yes, you did read that right. Steam kills 99.9% of germs and bacteria!
* Besides killing germs and bacteria, steam will also kill dust mites, bed bugs, mold and mildew. Making it much easier to clean your soft surfaces like bedding, chairs and couches, because everyone knows it is impossible to pick up these items and throw them in the wash! But if you have successfully done so, please do share, I am dying to know how you did it!
* Degreases all surfaces from your stove top to your car wheels. Again, a great chemical free cleaning tool!
* The heat that is created also breaks down any dried on dirt and stuck-on stains. This means no more scrubbing! Great news to people like myself, who have a bad back and hate to have to put a ton of work into cleaning.
* Eliminates pet and smoke odor. If you have pets, a smoker in the house or both, you will know how amazing this feature is!
* Cleans areas without leaving them wet. No more having to block off your kitchen or dining room from dirty feet and paws ruining your freshly cleaned space.
* Cleans mirrors and windows without streaking. Caution: this may be dangerous to animals or people who might not see the glass they are about to walk in to.
* Easily cleans drapes. No need to go through the hassle of taking down your drapes and putting them in the washing machine when you can steam them while they remain hanging.
* Quick and easy to use. Most steam mops have a heat time of around 30 seconds which is great for someone on the move.
* You can use it on just about any sealed surface in your home, from top to bottom!
* I don’t have to vacate my home because of the cleaning fumes! I can even use it around my kids and pets since it’s such a green, chemical free way to go!
If all of these points do not convince you that steam cleaning is a great way to clean, please let me know and I will continue my list. It’s pretty long of ways I can get a wonderfully clean AND chemical free home. Or, if you have anything to add feel free to leave a comment. I always enjoy hearing from my readers!